In Niagara-on-the-Lake, we pass several historic and vintage hotels.Queen's Landing was built in 1990 on the 1830’s property of the Old Niagara Harbour and Dock Company. The hotel and the Dockmaster’s House were both bought by Vintage Hotels in 1996. Built in the style of the Georgian Era, the exterior of the building features Venetian windows and heavy pediments with mouldings and large columns. The interior is decorated with marble flooring, a sweeping staircase, murals, brilliant stained glass ceilings, and has a contemporary boutique chic style. There are 142 guestrooms in the Queen’s Landing hotel, as well as the Tiara Restaurant and Bacchus Lounge for fine dining with a view of the Niagara River.The Pillar and Post was first built in the 1890s as a canning factory, known as Factory 13, for peaches and tomatoes. The cannery was known for being one of the best producers of quality produce in the Niagara Region. In 1914, at the beginning of World War I, the cannery's upper floor was converted to a supply storeroom for several hundred Polish soldiers being trained in Canada. In 1957,Factory 13 shut down. Later that same year, the cannery reopened as a basket manufacturer until 1970 when the building was converted into a restaurant and craft centre. In 1972, 35 guestrooms were built and it was renamed The Pillar and Post Inn. With a major addition in 1994, the number of guestrooms increased to 122. The original post and beam construction of the 19th century structure is still present today in the lobby’s main wall and throughout the restaurant.Prince of Wales hotel is a landmark in historic Niagara-on-the-Lake. Built in 1864, the corner stone carved with the date can still been seen today. The Prince of Wales hotel has gone through some name changes over the years. It has been named The Arcade Hotel, The Niagara House, and finally in 1901, The Prince of Wales Hotel. This name was chosen to celebrate the 1901 visit of the Duke and Duchess of York, who were later crowned King George V and Queen Mary. The hotel’s architectural style is that of the Second French Empire. The Wiens family bought the hotel in 1975 and maintained it for 22 years. In March of 1997, Prince of Wales was added to the Vintage Hotel Properties. In 1998, the Prince of Wales had major restoration work done. On July 1, 1999, Prince of Wales proudly reopened its doors to experience “Luxury Accommodation in the Heart of Wine Country”.